10 Powerful Passages from A Course in Miracles
- Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love. The real miracle is the love that inspires them. In this sense everything that comes from love is a miracle.
- “Heaven and earth shall pass away” means that they will not continue to exist as separate states. My word, which is the resurrection and the life, shall not pass away because life is eternal. You are the work of God, and his work is wholly lovable and wholly loving. This is how a man must think of himself in his heart, because this is what he is. (Or directly applied: This is how you must think of yourself in your heart, because this is what you are.)
- Error cannot really threaten truth, which can always withstand it. Only the error is actually vulnerable. You are free to establish your kingdom where you see fit, but the right choice is inevitable if you remember this: Spirit is in a state of grace forever. Your reality is only spirit. Therefore you are in a state of grace forever.
- Darkness is lack of light as sin is lack of love. It has no unique properties of its own. It is an example of the “scarcity” belief, from which only error can proceed. Truth is always abundant.
- When you are afraid of anything, you are acknowledging its power to hurt you. Remember that where your heart is, there is your treasure also. You believe in what you value. If you are afraid, you are valuing wrongly.
- Reality can dawn only on an unclouded mind. It is always there to be accepted, but its acceptance depends on your willingness to have it.
- You cannot see the invisible. Yet if you see its effects you know it must be there. By perceiving what it does, you recognize its being, and by what it does, you learn what it is. You cannot see your strengths, but you gain confidence in their existence as they enable you to act. And the results of your actions you can see.
- In this world you can become a spotless mirror, in which the holiness of your creator shines forth from you to all around you. You can reflect heaven here.
- Make way for peace, and it will come. For understanding is in you, and from it peace must come.
- Fear is not of the present, but only of the past and future, which do not exist. There is no fear in the present when each instant stands clear and separated from the past, without its shadow reaching out into the future. Each instant is a clean, untarnished birth, in which the son of God emerges from the past in to the present. And the present extends forever. It is so beautiful and so clean and free of guilt that nothing but happiness is there. No darkness is remembered, and immortality and joy are now.
On this special A Course in Miracles podcast I share:
- The inspiration I’ve received from my mentors
I also share my viewpoints on what these passages might mean or what they mean to me.
But what I’d really like to hear is what you think of these passages and what they mean to you. Let’s start a dialogue and discussion either in the comments, on my Facebook page (you can also click on the cover of A Course in Miracles above to get to my page), or even personally through my email.
Like reading books like A Course in Miracles and personal development? Check out this special personal development book club: http://www.personalgrowthchannel.com/2016/12/leadership-development-book-of-month-5.html
I’ve loved bringing these fifty podcasts to you! I hope you’ve enjoyed listening as much as I enjoyed creating them! Take care!