In this fourth episode in the Writing in your Jammies podcast, Jeannie discusses what loving yourself actually means:
- Loving yourself means being willing to see a brighter future for yourself
- It means taking care of yourself mentally, physically and emotionally
- It means not putting up with things that make you feel bad
- It means knowing your own worth
- It means standing up for yourself
- It means walking away when necessary
- Loving yourself means trusting in God/the Universe to take care of you
- It means following your gut/intuition
- It means paying attention to your feelings
- It means saying no when necessary
- It means making room for your needs and desires
- It means planning to follow your dreams if you aren’t already
- Loving yourself means giving a damn about yourself and your purpose
- It means realizing you are a being made of love and light
- It means realizing you deserve all good things just by nature
- And it means being who you are without apologizing for it
Items and people mentioned in this episode:
Ryan Biddulph – blogging expert, author and world traveler. Follow Ryan’s adventures at Bloggingfromparadise.com
The Secret – a book by Rhonda Byrnes introducing the concept of the Law of Attraction
My book, How To Feel Better: No Illegal (or Legal) Substances Required. This book is all about how you can start when you are to start changing your life for the better. Pick up the paperback for only $4.99 or the eBook for only $2.99. The book is a simple guide using my own experiences to illustrate how anyone can make small changes in their lives to feel better, live healthier, and learn how to love themselves unconditionally. There are even exercises at the end you can use to further your success.
I also offer several other personal development eBooks, How To Let Feelings Be Your Friends, How To Let Your Pets Guide You To Happiness, and How To Write Your Way To Joy, all available on my Amazon author page.
Do you truly love yourself or are you trying to do better in this area of your life? Tell me in the comments below.